Tuesday 31 August 2010

Mars bar krispie treats

I was sure I had blogged this before but it seems I dreamt that, so now to rectify the situation because this recipe definitely needs shared and devoured!



Here be my lovely and simple and ever so tasty recipe for mars bar krispie treats

Mars Bar Krispie Treats

Makes 16 2" squares

Ingredients

75g unsalted butter
5 x 58g Mars bars
3 cups of rice krispies/generic puffed rice
150g milk chocolate
30g unsalted butter

Recipe
1. Melt together the Mars bars and 75g butter in a double boiler.
2. Mix in the "generic puffed rice" until well combined. Spread this into an 8" x 8" baking tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Melt together the chocolate and 30g butter. Spread over the krispie mix and leave it back in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the fridge and cut into squares

10 comments:

  1. Those look very moreish and yummy!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE these - a childhood favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I don't think I've ever had a mars bar, but I've seen them in the store. They look even better in your krispie treats. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Merut To be honest I'm not a fan of Mars Bars as they are, but definitely in this recipe! Hope you try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a clever way to make these bars, a whole lot better. Using a candy bar is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I love you! My son is coming home from school next week and I am going to make these. Love your blog!!!

    Maven from Vancouver Island Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. these look yummy come by my blog and get in on the free giveaway, will follow yours your recipes look good, pam....motorhome granny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am TRYING to lose weight!!!!!!
    Stop making it so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Lynn Sorry! The hubby's on a weight loss kick at the minute too meaning most of the food we eat forces me to loose weight... if I loose weight I'd be underweight and that ain't good! I'll try post healthier next time ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ruth, I'm Filipa, one half of Feathers of Inspiration, Northern Irish blog. It was so lovely to find your little blog, I really like it. It's nice to unofficially meet you :) Keep up the great work, I love that Northern Irish people are blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Ruth's Kitchen Experiments! I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

But if you're going to be posting spam or something else that's completely unrelated or unnecessary it will be deleted

Thank you!